Story Sacks ag tosú an Mháirt seo chugainn/Story Sacks starts next Tuesday
We are trying to get a good turnout for story sacks next week and are looking for more parents to take part.
Story sacks is run for free in the school by Young Ballymun but the course will not go ahead if we do not have enough participants. If you are free on Tuesday morning at 8:45 please consider taking part in Story Sacks!
No experience in painting/art is necessary and all equipment is provided. Parents create their own story sack whatever way they like based on whatever book they like.
What is story sacks?:
1: Firstly you create a tote bag based on the book you have chosen. We use a special transfer page to copy the image from the book to the bag so you don't need to be brilliant at drawing to do this or alternatively if you wish you can draw freehanded. In the pictures below, the bag was designed based on the book Owl Babies.
2. You can then design and put other things in your story sack that go along with the original book. These allow children to experience the story in many different ways and the story is more than just being read.
Below are some examples of what you can include in a story sack:
- Games made to go with the story
- Owl teddies that have been included in the sack
- A cardboard designed picture of the child's favourite part of the story
- Hand puppets of the baby owls
- A book about night animals that will give the story sack user information and understanding about the animals in the book.
Story sacks is a really lovely way to make reading interesting for your child and also a chance for you to have a cup of tea and try something new.
If you are interested, please call/text Múinteoir Alison 0858603363 to let me know what book you have chosen and I will order it for next Tuesday. Hope to see you then in the Parent's Room next to the office at 8:45